Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > AEF Group > News and Announcements > Topic : the future of Advanced Electron Forum

News:

Group Message
Hello Guest,

Welcome to the AEF Board. AEF is getting better and better and is also becoming more popular.
Take a few seconds to Register, its free, and it inspires us to work harder and improve on whatever we can improve on.
Give us some feedback, and tell your buddies about AEF!

Thanks,
The AEF Team

Poll
Poll Question : are you ok?
yes (2) (22.22%)
so good (0) (0%)
no (4) (44.44%)
i'm fine (3) (33.33%)

Total Votes : 9

Threaded Mode | Print  

the future of Advanced Electron Forum (12 Replies, Read 31900 times)
SAFAD
Group: Administrator
Post Group: Elite Member
Hello,
first, i want to thank you all for being with us all this time, without you we would've not done what we have done we would have failed, so thank you.
now regarding the future of Advanced Electron Forum,
we are aiming to make two version of each release
one a lite, and another one as premium.
the premium version will be the cheapest in the market, we are aiming to make everyone able to pay for it.
another thing i want to say is; there will NOT be any difference between the lite version and the premium version in the core features, the extras that will be introduced in the premium version will be related to viral and
i can't get into more details about this because we are still discussing this (with Pulkit and the new manager)
any more decisions, will be announced here in this board,
thank you for your understanding and hope you are enjoying this project

-----------------------
Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer
My Blog
IP: --   

the future of Advanced Electron Forum
GamingChitChat
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
Personally, I don't like this idea.

I will gladly donate to the cause, but I don't want to buy the forum software.

I think that we should have the option to pay (as a donation where we can choose the amount) -- I'm sure most of us, including myself, will pay. :)

Whatever happens happens, but I'm not very fond of this idea.

-----------------------
Gaming Chit Chat -- my forum. Join today!

alkutob

I love AEFarabic
I think it is too early and not eligible to begin thinking of paid premium versions in the time we are searching about AEF soul that came to life since a little number of days .
I think it is the time to attract people to use AEF as a good alternative to what they are searching for and what is already available to serve their needs free and with more features .
We still searching how to increase the number of users .
Look at the board static and it should tell you that we still need more to do .
You may enable a donate button rather than telling about a financial project and AEF will not be the cheapest in the market unless we reach the goal to be versus Vbulletin .
Pulkit is back (Where is he ?)
He came back and began to think about a profit project while we still waiting to solve encouding problems and the plugins importers etc .
What I am hearing today is something I never expect to hear after five years (Unless You Breakthrough the Time)
To conclude I think Pulkit's idea is not felicitous .
Never go with this idea SAFAD

-----------------------

Board Image

SAFAD
Group: Administrator
Post Group: Elite Member
you did not understand what i'm saying,
first of all this idea isn't Pulkit's Idea and i'm the one who suggested it, he accepted as long as there is a Free version, with atleast 80% of the premium features.
but this is not my point,
this is the basic formula (since i can't run into more details for now)
the premium version = the free version + viral plugins
nothing else, same features, same themes,same options, same core
the premium will get integrated with third party plugins and software (almost all of them are premium and they will most likely ask % of the profit).
we concluded from this discussion that we have balanced between the free and the premium version.
one last hint : you won't need the premium version unless you are marketer ;)

-----------------------
Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer
My Blog

VasiliyRS
Group: Support
Post Group: Working Member
I dont like paid and free versions concept too . I prefer paid mods and pluging .

Me too. Donations + ads + paid mods = i think it's enough at this time .

-----------------------
For quick AEF help join our IRC channel :
http://anelectron.com/board/index.php?tid=6469
Contribute to AEF: https://github.com/AEFGroup/Advanced-Electron-Forum

Board Image

REDSEW
Group: Banned
Post Group: Working Newbie
If the free one is 80% of premium, why would we want to pay for something that is almost of full value and free?
Should have thought of that... And if it become paid mod, other companies will get decoders to give out the premium version for free, just like IPB and Vb are suffering through right now.

-----------------------
This user has violated our copyright and therefore is no longer supported at Anelectron.

REDSEW, if you disagree with this, please send one of us an email with proof that you did not provide a tutorial on how to remove the copyright notice in June 2011.

~Cruz

blakker
Stupid idea, I understand that you would like to make some money but are other ways to make them. If you create premium script you're going to lose many users, because they will prefer to put their money onto IPB or vBulletin.

It's your choice, do what you think it will be better for you but the decision can be wrong and that hard work which you put to create this community gonna die.

You can make money by creating premium skins, add a "VIP section" or just use adtaily.com were you can get money from other company. Remember, there are some people who will donate you!

nike free run shoes
loving

Sammael
And what with the future SAFAD? Can you tell us? Or are you only a "Ghost-developer" here? :)

ShaunY
I'm not so sure, first of all this forum is not much popular in the fact it was not an opensource project in the beginning and there is no advertise for the project at all.The limit of the core are too low at the moment and there is no plugin availlable to bridge the forum to a popular Up to date CMS such as Joomla! or WordPress if you wanna go against VB and IPB well you will have to work on a CMS otherwise you run straight in the wall.I suggest you to Update the current version bring up some bridge and plugin try to compete with mybb, Phpbb3 and some other popular OpenSource project and then you can think about a premium version to reach VB and IPB. I think it will be more safe to work with donation at the moment than make people pay for something in developpement.

-----------------------
PHP Code

<?php
if $loser('Learn to be a winner');
?>

Independent  web designer.

KnownSyntax
Personally you guys just need to make a free forum version, if you do so it'll attract many different types of people. Yes this is currently free, however there are bugs and it seems like the development has fully stopped. This forum software was pretty good, although there are some things which could be changed/improved, but the way you had it was good at the time.

Hopefully you all keep up the good work and keep on developing this forum software.

-----------------------
FreshAquaria - Freshwater Discussion and Knowledgebase

Dion
This is looking good but.

I don't think that you can make it better then VB because in the end VB will always win - Like someone said i know you're trying to make some good money out of this but i don't think that many people shall use this unless you add new features that are going to be better then VB is.

It's like having a tiger to fight a deer and you know a tiger is better then a deer and therefore the tige wins - But let's rush and give it time and rest to do its work and I'm sure that it's going to be nice.

Edited by Dion : December 1, 2012, 12:19 am

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
MinD-Designers, jlhaslip, demo, alkutob, gat3way, knyspel, Alex, aryan, Nesa, jioc0, dreaken, Buster, VasiliyRS, REDSEW, InsideOut, jin123, XemiX, SAFAD, sedrata, ShaunY, raggi5, cristrixy, haylau, GamingChitChat, CruzBishop, ninabrown, trinsleynewton, almeria, sathishraja2, Strange, piotr, steve1983, KnownSyntax, william769, Knele, thenetvn, wuge, Sammael, hostu, msibm, gamebits, blind-eddie, NetHunter, julestar, jpbravo, BeeBe, cyclox_as, achubs, blakker, aliimran, loving, adaniel, tonky, Dion, arakov, Iownskillas, yestereaster, eramit, Waldemar, Randall, qwaser, antros

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.