Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > AEF Group > Suggestions > Topic : Profile comments

A2 Hosting

News:

Group Message
Hello Guest,

Welcome to the AEF Board. AEF is getting better and better and is also becoming more popular.
Take a few seconds to Register, its free, and it inspires us to work harder and improve on whatever we can improve on.
Give us some feedback, and tell your buddies about AEF!

Thanks,
The AEF Team

Threaded Mode | Print  

Profile comments (4 Replies, Read 5975 times)
Shiblee
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
Members will be able to write a comment to user profile. User my choose whether all user could comment on his/profile or only his friends. Profile comment should support smilies. User will be able to delete anny comment on his/profile as wel as admin and mod. Commentetors may edit his/her comment.
IP: --   

Profile comments
Alex
Group: Administrator
Hi,

Profile comments will be in AEF version 1.1.x.

Profile comments
CJack
Group: Member
  My opinion is that things like profile comments, friend list, picture galleries, etc. should be written as mods or plugins.

My interest in AEF lies mostly in the fact that the core isn't bloated with features that should be options. Most websites are not communities, however, they often need a bulletin board to help drive interest in their products or services. If the "optional" features are hardwired into the software, site owners' (who most times aren't very administrator savy) have an even more difficult job in presenting a usable platform for their membership base.

Also, when features are left as mods/plugins you get the possibility of having some variety in look and function via more than one mod and/or mod writer.

Profile comments
Alex
Group: Administrator
Quote From : CJack June 8, 2010, 11:45 pm
  My opinion is that things like profile comments, friend list, picture galleries, etc. should be written as mods or plugins.

My interest in AEF lies mostly in the fact that the core isn't bloated with features that should be options. Most websites are not communities, however, they often need a bulletin board to help drive interest in their products or services. If the "optional" features are hardwired into the software, site owners' (who most times aren't very administrator savy) have an even more difficult job in presenting a usable platform for their membership base.

Also, when features are left as mods/plugins you get the possibility of having some variety in look and function via more than one mod and/or mod writer.

Hmm, we will have to take that into consideration.

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
CJack, Alex, VasiliyRS, REDSEW, Shiblee, XemiX, cristrixy, AminBully, Kim_Smith, seema123, liquidbroadcast123

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

A2 Hosting