Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Advanced Electron Forums > Development > Topic : Robots

A2 Hosting

News:

Group Message
Hello Guest,

Welcome to the AEF Board. AEF is getting better and better and is also becoming more popular.
Take a few seconds to Register, its free, and it inspires us to work harder and improve on whatever we can improve on.
Give us some feedback, and tell your buddies about AEF!

Thanks,
The AEF Team

Threaded Mode | Print  

Robots (11 Replies, Read 10658 times)
dick
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
What about robots for the forums. I coul really use one for my forum.
IP: --   

Robots
pulkit
Group: Administrator
Post Group: Super Member
What robots ?

-----------------------
Board Image

AEF now featuring in Softaculous - Auto Installer : http://www.softaculous.com
Rate for AEF - http://www.softaculous.com/softwares/forums/AEF

Robots
Miracl
Post Group: Working Newbie
he mean robots.txt

-----------------------
Board Image
sorry for my bad english..

Robots
james169
For what kind of robots you are saying about just elaborat to make discussion intersting.
---------------------------

Edited by james169 : February 14, 2009, 1:34 am

-----------------------
spyware removal
Bingo

Robots
azharkhanmba
hi  robots is a txt file , u can generate robots by u r google webmaster tool . what kind of robots u need,  for php and for jsp , i don't plz clear it.
seo in indore

azharkhanmba

seoexpertinindore

-----------------------
http://seoandwebdevelopment.blogspot.com/

Robots
SelahJadenCaldwell
thnx openlar123

-----------------------

commercial
  refrigerator freezer

electric grass trimmer

Robots
MaraShylaStewart
thanks friend

-----------------------

sunlawn
  push reel mower

Optical Thermometer

Robots
mind
as for as robots concern robots only used for prevent or stop  your page or site to crawling .

Top Entertainer

-----------------------
Tricks Of the Mind

Robots
whitetail-deer
download robots.txt  from the webmaster tool and upload it. 

-----------------------
Trophy Whitetail

Robots
marthareyusa123
Google and the other major search engines continually "crawl" websites throughout the web and analyze the content at the site using a bot (i.e. Googlebot). Depending on a lot of different factors, this "crawl" will affect your site Page Rank (PR) and the order of its listings in Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) when a user types in a keyword into the engine. You want your site to be optimized for the best possible crawl by search engines, which can be done through the robots.txt file. This file ensures that your site will display the best content for the engine to view and saves bandwidth by limiting the bots to only "worthwhile" areas of your site. A robots.txt file is very beneficial to any site, but i am going to explore how it relates to vBulletin community or forum sites.

While the robots.txt file can be used to "hide" content from search engines, remember that a search engine bot views your community as a Guest. This means any private forums, moderator forums, and private messages will not be viewed by the bot. Therefore our robots.txt file will tell bots to both ignore functions it is not capable of performing as a Guest and ignore areas of the forum with no content.As mentioned earlier, the robots.txt file will optimize how a search engine bot crawls your site. It is easily made with Notepad or any text editor capable of saving a simple text file.

Robots.txt should be placed in the ROOT directory of any website. You can check if a site has a robots.txt by going to websitename.com/robots.txt.

Although a robots.txt can be made simply, i am going to explore what the text file consists of:

The robots.txt file consists of two main parts.
1) The UserAgent: The UserAgent line specifies the robot. You can specificy a single Search Engine Bot you'd like to follow your Disallow rules by typing in, for example, "googlebot." But for the most part you are going to want ANY bot that spiders your site to follow the disallow rules, and therefore you would put an asterick (*) as a wild card.

2) Disallow: While you may use the "Allow" command, by default the bot will crawl any directory (visible to a Guest), and therefore you will only want to specify what areas of your community it CAN'T and SHOULDN'T crawl. (Some bots completely ignore any "Allow" commands, and it is not part of the universal standard yet. Further reason one should only use "Disallow".

-----------------------
Contemporary Cocktail Dresses

Robots
jckjones29
Hi to all,
Robots is a txt file , u can generate robots by u r google webmaster tool . what kind of robots u need,  for php and for jsp , i don't plz clear it.
seo in indore
seoexpertinindore
if u don't want to crewel u r website , or some page among them . than u can use robots. I could really use one for my forum.

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
, pulkit, jlhaslip, haccer, altdas, Alex, nfsalon, aryan, Haibara, mohe964, Miracl, dick, entergeozax, Pico4U, PaNTrk, james169, King, zenn, ashisbiswas, dreaken, VasiliyRS, lbpd719, Design, aLbdigital, azadbash, azharkhanmba, bayus4, poiuyt, SelahJadenCaldwell, MaraShylaStewart, SAFAD, zing, velias, freyers, irsdebtrepair, darkenix, Dredgeretk, mind, whitetail-deer, [Brian], alevin46, ShaunY, marthareyusa123, cristrixy, simonbalol, indianssoftware, pop_0098, jckjones29, 11minutes, gagews

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

A2 Hosting