Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Advanced Electron Forums > Development > Topic : MKP-Evolution

A2 Hosting

News:

Group Message
Hello Guest,

Welcome to the AEF Board. AEF is getting better and better and is also becoming more popular.
Take a few seconds to Register, its free, and it inspires us to work harder and improve on whatever we can improve on.
Give us some feedback, and tell your buddies about AEF!

Thanks,
The AEF Team

Threaded Mode | Print  

MKP-Evolution (15 Replies, Read 21117 times)
REDSEW
Group: Banned
Post Group: Working Newbie
Hello, I am making a portal for AEF and may simply continue to be used on other portal softwares.

But I am more concerned on AEF as in right now as it looks clean and simple.

The Portal would have the same look and feel of the forum design.
The portal would be a stand alone installation where you would have to modify the files to import AEF inside the portal, unless of course if the AEF Developers would like to have it ready like on MKPortal.
The Portal would have features for blocks, modules, internal pages, external pages, easy to edit themes, board news and news, and more as I continue to develop it.

However, this portal would need developers to help code it.
I have set up a Test website and support website here: http://aef.blizz-craft.com/ but it needs coding so don't check it till I tell you!

Development Status: Alpha 0.09
AEF Board: 1.0.8

-----------------------
This user has violated our copyright and therefore is no longer supported at Anelectron.

REDSEW, if you disagree with this, please send one of us an email with proof that you did not provide a tutorial on how to remove the copyright notice in June 2011.

~Cruz
IP: --   

AEF DYNAMIC PORTAL
dr17
Group: Member
I do think that it'll be better to make AEF as the default board of that portal system. The reason why is... why post it here if it's not gonna come out with AEF as the default board right? Why not make it just like MKPortal, wherein AEF is the default board while you can make it work on other boards too.

Just start out with AEF as the default board and use the existing database that is used in AEF as the database that this portal would use (like the user tables, flash news, shoutout..) and the portal should also try integrating the latest posts so that it would shout up on the homepage (just like how vBAdvance does)

-----------------------
Make sure you're mod is secure before sharing it  :nerd:

==> Creating Custom themes for AEF  :)  just post it at the theme section, and I'll see if I could get back to you  ;-D

AEF DYNAMIC PORTAL
REDSEW
Yeah, but there are many problems so far...

1. No Coders
2. No Funds
3. I don't know anything about AEF

So, DR17, if I join with your development, we may make a Standalone version and a integrated version and take this title to your portal and we would be squared away, and just release security patches, updates, etc...

I am having trouble with the AEF, and you have already some of it done, so I may modify your files to make it standalone.

Regards,
REDSEW

-----------------------
This user has violated our copyright and therefore is no longer supported at Anelectron.

REDSEW, if you disagree with this, please send one of us an email with proof that you did not provide a tutorial on how to remove the copyright notice in June 2011.

~Cruz

AEF DYNAMIC PORTAL
REDSEW
I may work for free,
LOL, forgot to mention that.

-----------------------

~Cruz

AEF DYNAMIC PORTAL
dr17
Oh sorry for the late reply, been busy.

Well, it's not a one click install, but rather editing the existing AEF files. You could check for the blank page module, then change index.php at the root folder and search for the switch statement that output's the page.

instead of making the default: as MainIndex.php, you point the default to the extra file that makes up the blank page mod.

Then at the blankpage module file in the main folder, add functions that would retrieve data from the database. Add up portalIndex.php too, and include that at the index file at the root folder (add it up at the switch statement too).

Then the rest would be template edits.

-----------------------
Make sure you're mod is secure before sharing it  :nerd:

==> Creating Custom themes for AEF  :)  just post it at the theme section, and I'll see if I could get back to you  ;-D

AEF DYNAMIC PORTAL
REDSEW
That seems nice, but I cant do that to my portal as it is Standalone :P

Sorry for my late reply, been busy too.

-----------------------

~Cruz

AEF DYNAMIC PORTAL
REDSEW
This project is now dead...
But another has been born. I had no where else to post this as the forum is "locked down".
So, this is a modified version of MKPortal (Please dont post any copyright information as the official MKPortal is now trashed and therefor the license is trashed as well.)
I have given official copyright to the original MKPortal. So theres no conflict with that. And above that I have added my own line.
PHP-Nuke has inspired me to do this as they have Forum integration and someone built from that and created PHP-Nuke Evolution, and someone has built from that PHP-Nuke Evolution Extreme.
Now this is called: MKE or MK-Evolution.

Supports:
Anelectron Board 1.0.8
MKPortal Features

I will continue this project, and will host my own support website at: http://www.mkportal.blizz-craft.com/
Current Version: 0.3
I think its stable enough so far, but I will need to add some more features to it, so please expect more from it.
I will post a download on the attachments.

-----------------------

~Cruz

AEF DYNAMIC PORTAL
REDSEW
I have started a new project. (I had to post it here as the forum is in "lock down")
So this project is a modified version of MKPortal. (Please dont start posting that its against the license. MKPortal is now dead, therefor license is as well dead.)
Detail:
Project Name: MKE (MK-Evolution)
AEF Version: AEF 1.0.8
Other Boards: Not Supported(Only For AEF)
Support: http://www.mkportal.blizz-craft.com/ (Not up yet)
Features: All Past features, but including upgraded forum

I will add more features to the script as soon as I can. And if I can get some help, we can probably block some security vulnerabilities with this script.

Current Version: MKE_0.3
I would like if someone can test this.
Download: http://blizz-craft.com/MKE_0.3.zip

Edited by REDSEW : January 1, 2011, 3:03 am

-----------------------

~Cruz

MKP-Evolution
REDSEW
New Version Released!
MK-Evolution 0.3.5
Theme issues changed
http://blizz-craft.com/MKE_0.3.5.zip

Edited by REDSEW : January 1, 2011, 3:04 am

-----------------------

~Cruz

MKP-Evolution
rocketsam456
Post Group: Newbie
So should I assume that the security flaws in MKportal can be found in this as well?

MKP-Evolution
REDSEW
Yes, so I would need help finding them and blocking them.

-----------------------

~Cruz

MKP-Evolution
rocketsam456
I'll look into a few that I remember when I get home from break. This should be fun; MKportal was an amazing base for a perfect portal.

EDIT:
I only had a few minutes, so I went ahead and fixed/cleaned up (a little) mk_install.php

Edited by rocketsam456 : January 3, 2011, 1:54 am

MKP-Evolution 0.4.0B
rocketsam456
I was never able to get a hold of REDSEW so I thought I would go ahead and upload what I would like to be 0.4 Beta.
Please understand that I don't have a website I can test this on, this means that everything I've done has NOT been tested - it shouldn't screw your board up, but there is a fair chance that it won't install. If you have ANY issues whatsoever please tell me!
Here's a little changelog:

Additions:
*Time zone will be synchronized with the AEF forum

Improvements:
*You can now install MKP without having to install the forum at the same time.

MKP-Evolution 0.4.0B
rocketsam456
I was never able to get a hold of REDSEW so I thought I would go ahead and upload what I would like to be 0.4 Beta.
Please understand that I don't have a website I can test this on, this means that everything I've done has NOT been tested - it shouldn't screw your board up, but there is a fair chance that it won't install. If you have ANY issues whatsoever please tell me!
Here's a little changelog:

Additions:
*Time zone will be synchronized with the AEF forum

Improvements:
*You can now install MKP without having to install the forum at the same time.

http://www.mediafire.com/?j3dgagm0yxvd6zl

MKP-Evolution
REDSEW
Sorry, I have gotten into a car accident.

I am going to continue the development now, and I will integrate more features.

Since I am going to recode a lil more, I am planning on releasing the new version as 0.4 RC2

Hold on, and sorry for my inactivity.

Edit:
I will look in your contribution.

Edited by REDSEW : April 17, 2011, 10:33 am

-----------------------

~Cruz

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
rocketsam456, jlhaslip, Banned, Hondo, kgw, alisio85, CJack, Alex, nfsalon, MafiaScript, Vapor, nikan, dr17, acidtech, noaptus, tarmer, Buster, christianfermin, VasiliyRS, REDSEW, devrim, dorff, Design, matbogdan, D-Sharp, aLbdigital, zouk, prateekactive, bayus4, boxoutside, Menzo, SAFAD, mmsdown, velias, p@p, knightbob, askerasker, ShaunY, cristrixy, msbinhden, harish1984, -Pro-Noob-, faldoroc, NCSurfer, govil, ~NanoThrash~, Untouchable, GamingChitChat, methinks, Lorataco, gasports, HIMALAYA, spacenight, Abijahkate, henry0603

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

A2 Hosting