Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Advanced Electron Forums > General Support > Topic : Can't import new theme from admin CP

A2 Hosting

News:

Group Message
Hello Guest,

Welcome to the AEF Board. AEF is getting better and better and is also becoming more popular.
Take a few seconds to Register, its free, and it inspires us to work harder and improve on whatever we can improve on.
Give us some feedback, and tell your buddies about AEF!

Thanks,
The AEF Team

Threaded Mode | Print  

Can't import new theme from admin CP, Errors importing new theme to board (3 Replies, Read 9997 times)
obelix
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
I have simpleorange.zip. Imported it to the server under "Themes". From admin CP, when I try to import it, from "Import Themes", doesn't work. I tried all 4 options. I get: Installation was aborted as there are some errors in the registry file of the theme to be installed or Could not decompress the theme file or There were errors while installing the file from the web.... Help pls.... Thank you.
IP: --   

Can't import new theme from admin CP
SAFAD
Group: Administrator
Post Group: Elite Member
HI,
Welcome to AEF :
Please check if you gave the appropriate permissions to the themes folder (777).
would you please give us the link of the theme you are trying to install ? outdated themes will not work on newer versions of AEF

-----------------------
Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer
My Blog

obelix
hello Safad... thank you for your response. What do you mean by "the link of the theme". The theme is Simple Orange that is widely available including on the Admin CP Import Theme page. I downloaded it to my PC, and uploaded it to my server. Is that theme obsolete? If so, then I just need to remove it and use another one I guess...... I will check the permissions.

obelix
I CHMOD themes folder and subfolders to 777. Same problem. However the simple orange theme I want to import is v1.07. That's probably the issue. Are there any themes for v1.09?

Edited by obelix : February 3, 2012, 6:30 pm

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
VasiliyRS, SAFAD, raigueclulali, obelix, Anca25, evolvedperformance, HIMALAYA, Cadex

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

A2 Hosting