Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Advanced Electron Forums > General Support > Topic : Failed Login Attempts

A2 Hosting

News:

Group Message
Hello Guest,

Welcome to the AEF Board. AEF is getting better and better and is also becoming more popular.
Take a few seconds to Register, its free, and it inspires us to work harder and improve on whatever we can improve on.
Give us some feedback, and tell your buddies about AEF!

Thanks,
The AEF Team

Threaded Mode | Print  

Failed Login Attempts (11 Replies, Read 8262 times)
Brettjb
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
Hello everyone,

Whilst doing some testing today, my clumsy fingers managed to hit the 5 maximum login attempts with incorrect password. My question is simple...

How long until I am again able to login?  Is there a way to overide this?

Thank you.

Regards,
Brett
IP: --   

Failed Login Attempts
fbforum
I also would like to know how this works. I installed the board and forgot the administrator password. After 5 attempts, it's locked me out. I can still go into the reset, but afterwards, I still get the "5 attempts" error.

What table tracks login attempts?  Can I change a value in MySQL?

Failed Login Attempts
jlhaslip
Group: Support
Post Group: Super Member

Local / private text here
There is a setting available in the Admin Panel for adjusting the number of failed attempts before getting Locked-out.

Left hand side, Registration and Login Settings. Defaults to 5 attempts.
Not sure where the DB keeps the information.

-----------------------
Board Image

Failed Login Attempts
versions
I have also managed to lock myself out.  Being locked out, of course, means that I cannot access the admin functions.  Should I just do a complete re-install, or is there some easier, rational way for me to regain access so that I can continue configuring the board?

Failed Login Attempts
versions
Actually, yes, it reset sometime overnight and I was able to successfully log in this morning.  Thank you for the note.  Now that I have admin access again, I can really start to mess things up! :)

Failed Login Attempts
jlhaslip

Good question, though... Can someone check to see where the settings are and how to change them using phpmyadmin or another method? this would be good information for a Docs Topic.

-----------------------
Board Image

Failed Login Attempts
fbforum
Quote From : jlhaslip November 4, 2008, 2:28 am
Good question, though... Can someone check to see where the settings are and how to change them using phpmyadmin or another method? this would be good information for a Docs Topic.
Bumping this to see if anything was noted or documented...

Failed Login Attempts
mythus
Post Group: Working Newbie

Bwahahaha?
Did I hear my name? lol

I will look and see if I find something. If so, I'll make a doc out of it lol.

I have tracked a possible lead down in phpmyadmin in aef_sessions. In the data of that there is something about loging attempts...

PHP Code

"login_attempt";i:1;s:

That is the only entry I have found thus far. I will have to find out if chaning anything there effects the retry time or not...

Edited by mythus : December 16, 2008, 7:10 pm

-----------------------
AEF Docs
Legends of Nor'Ova - Post Apocalyptic RP forum

Failed Login Attempts
keith_h
I dropped the record in the session table and was able to login again OK. It keeps the IP addy as well as failed attempts. I was using two accounts on the one machine and so all attempts from the computer were adding up it seems, rather than attempts per account.

Failed Login Attempts
jlhaslip

There is also some temp_ban info in the User table, but I think that is for another purpose, ie: banning for a short time period. Not certain the feature is available yet.

-----------------------
Board Image

Failed Login Attempts
blanx
did we ever figure this out?  whats the time frame for lockout? is there a over ride?

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
, XooNooX, jlhaslip, jcloonan, oOAeroOo, vsshriakant, jacob, Ivan, BigMart, jay, Dirkb, fbforum, versions, reaveyo, mythus, stjepan, Nesa, acidtech, keith_h, Miracl, Pico4U, everready, saglik, stunod, gbw88, AKC, sierrabravo, kraazee, storm, Kylie, lbpd719, sorin, nimcos, hallo, cristrixy, Trashman, scottperry00, nexgenforum, blanx, danielnacht, toftc, antros

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

A2 Hosting