Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > AEF Group > News and Announcements > Topic : 1.0.9 Information

A2 Hosting

News:

Group Message
Hello Guest,

Welcome to the AEF Board. AEF is getting better and better and is also becoming more popular.
Take a few seconds to Register, its free, and it inspires us to work harder and improve on whatever we can improve on.
Give us some feedback, and tell your buddies about AEF!

Thanks,
The AEF Team

Threaded Mode | Print  

1.0.9 Information (40 Replies, Read 85000 times)
Alex
Group: Administrator
Post Group: Newbie
Hi,

Currently the team is going through the bugs board making sure every reported bug has been patched up, we're also finding unreported bugs and patching those up.

We aim 1.0.9 to be officialy released by: 15th June, how ever, anything can happen, we may find an increase of bug reports and such so this date may be postponed to a later date HOW EVER we are really aiming to get a release out by that date.

1.0.x series is semi-feature frozen, I'd like to say its feature frozen until 1.1.x how ever I can't because their are two minor features that will be included in 1.0.9 which well we should have had added since the very first beta of AEF :D, those features will be:

*Minor board permissions improvements ->
The admin will be able to select a board type out of: (Normal, Reply only & Read only) - If it is reply only, only Moderator+ will be able to make threads how ever everyone will be able to reply, if it is read only, only Moderator+ will be able to reply / make threads while the rest can only read threads and normal is the ability of everyone to reply and make threads.

*Improved notifications of a new PM ->
We want to enable people to recieve an email when they get a message to let them know about it more, also, we will have a small strip at the top of the forums telling people they have xx private messages from xx.

*Board post counter stats ->
I feel childboards should add to parents board counter on the index, this will be added in 1.0.9 with a possible option to disable that in the admin cp

*More server friendly edits ->
People will have to manually select what threads to subscribe to as oppose to it being done automaticly upon a reply of a thread, this will decrease the server load mainly on popular boards. The WYSIWYG editor will be disabled by default but may be enabled by the admin control panel, this is due to it being not compatible with certain servers.

Edited by Alex : May 30, 2010, 4:17 pm
IP: --   

1.0.9 Information
nglory
Group: Member
My recommendation for the emailing is to allow the selection from the admin panel still (more options are better than less) so auto-subscribe can still be "on". However... there should be an additional option so that everyone subscribed to a thread doesn't receive a notification of EVERY post made on the thread. Just a notification of the first post after theirs or the first post after they re-visit a subscribed thread. That way they are notified that there is activity on a thread they are interested in BUT they aren't email bombed if there were 100 replies.

The benefit there is two-fold... it doesn't annoy the users (with tons of emails about the same thread) and it saves the email server a great deal of load too.

I made a hard-coded mod for the above, will pass that your way when my schedule clears up a bit. I didn't adjust for the back-end panel like I recommended above though --- too lazy  ;-D

1.0.9 Information
CJack
I have a couple of questions.

Will the new version be a simple upgrade for 1.0.8 or will it be a major rework requiring reinstall?

Will styles made for 1.0.8 work for 1.0.9?

1.0.9 Information
Alex
Quote From : CJX May 31, 2010, 4:42 am
I have a couple of questions.

Will the new version be a simple upgrade for 1.0.8 or will it be a major rework requiring reinstall?

Will styles made for 1.0.8 work for 1.0.9?

Hi CJX,

It will be a simple upgrade from 1.0.8 to 1.0.9.

Styles for 1.0.8 should/will work for 1.0.9.

1.0.9 Information
Jntg4
Nice to see this back on track!

1.0.9 Information
Shiblee
Good news. I liked this forum. But due to bugs I left it and using mybb now. Aef shuld always active for reguler update and should have great plugins. Thanks for new virsion.

1.0.9 Information
XemiX

AEF PL - Development
Super! I hope that the script will be developed. If so, create a Polish support together with the translation. I will build AEF Polish community. Waiting to release AEF 1.0.9  :D
Regards and good luck!

P.S. Sorry for my English - I am a Pole  :xd:

Edited by XemiX : June 11, 2010, 8:44 pm

-----------------------
AEFBoard.TK - Polish devForum Support
Polish Support AEF - We look forward to AEF 1.0.9

1.0.9 Information
Alex
Quote From : XemiX June 11, 2010, 8:37 pm
Super! I hope that the script will be developed. If so, create a Polish support together with the translation. I will build AEF Polish community. Waiting to release AEF 1.0.9  :D
Regards and good luck!

P.S. Sorry for my English - I am a Pole  :xd:

Looking foward to the translation once 1.0.9 is out :D!

1.0.9 Information
XemiX

AEF PL - Development
And if there are any changes in language, differing between 1.0.8 and 1.0.9?

#edit: There are any changes of language 1.0.8 between 1.0.9 ?

Edited by XemiX : June 12, 2010, 11:29 am

-----------------------

1.0.9 Information
VasiliyRS
Group: Support
Post Group: Working Member
Today is 15th june ... I cannot see a new release . What happened ?

-----------------------
For quick AEF help join our IRC channel :
http://anelectron.com/board/index.php?tid=6469
Contribute to AEF: https://github.com/AEFGroup/Advanced-Electron-Forum

Board Image

1.0.9 Information
Alex
Quote From : Vasiliy June 15, 2010, 2:31 pm

We are going to transfer the official website to a new web host, then we'll just make the final touches to AEF 1.0.9 and release it.

1.0.9 Information
zucaman
Quote From : Treznax June 15, 2010, 3:58 pm
Quote From : Vasiliy June 15, 2010, 2:31 pm

We are going to transfer the official website to a new web host, then we'll just make the final touches to AEF 1.0.9 and release it.

good luck  for update  :xd:

-----------------------
Board Image

1.0.9 Information
XemiX

AEF PL - Development
Today is 17th June. Transfer website to a new host does not take much time...  What's happening? When will it be released 1.0.9?

Edited by XemiX : June 17, 2010, 9:09 am

-----------------------

1.0.9 Information
Alex
Quote From : XemiX June 17, 2010, 9:06 am
Today is 17th June. Transfer website to a new host does not take much time...  What's happening? When will it be released 1.0.9?

Really shortly, sorry for the delay. Yes it doesn't take much time your right, Pulkit will make the transfer as soon as possible, meanwhile we're going to setup a SVN to organise the project more.

1.0.9 Information
XemiX

AEF PL - Development
Today is 20th.

AEF has died again. While noise and joy, and so many promises. Developers are ordinary children. So much to say. -.-

Sorry for my English.

-----------------------

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
, pulkit, jlhaslip, kab012345, ancraz, Squealer, Joshy, alkutob, StraikerX, NIBOGO, alisio85, knyspel, CJack, Alex, nfsalon, balor, Vapor, Jntg4, viru5678, Miracl, hayyan, UniqueDemon, Ghadamyari, dreaken, kraazee, kword, Buster, VasiliyRS, zucaman, REDSEW, devrim, CoreIssue, ghazi119, moderatecalvinism, Chakkal, saamrh, Shiblee, XemiX, SAFAD, mmsdown, zing, nglory, Shinjiku, testaef123, Styl, Yagiz, Orstio, velias, gégé, topptcorg, TNL36, fangman, MC123, redneckgeek, sedrata, rezarss, Dredgeretk, rafatuxgk, knightbob, Rat, Seedjee, Tyrius, bucha, Neeraj, midolove, sking, simonbalol, ravirajpoot, cefram, seamuswarren, JPeterPan, faldoroc, LaBrie, xfiles666, tarsisd2, Ottonall, Apama, Milestone, PeterCHayward, CruzBishop, webhawks, francy, Sammael, Profiler

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

A2 Hosting