Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Advanced Electron Forums > Development > Topic : Shoutcast player

A2 Hosting

News:

Group Message
Hello Guest,

Welcome to the AEF Board. AEF is getting better and better and is also becoming more popular.
Take a few seconds to Register, its free, and it inspires us to work harder and improve on whatever we can improve on.
Give us some feedback, and tell your buddies about AEF!

Thanks,
The AEF Team

Threaded Mode | Print  

Shoutcast player (11 Replies, Read 24908 times)
kitt52uk
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
We run a shoutcast radio station on one of our other sites and were looking to include this on our new aef site, and have discovered that you can post the following code in either the header or the footer or a theme and it will work, obviously you need to enter your shoutcast server details, but it is as easy as put in your details and paste the code.

<center><embed type=\"application/x-mplayer2\";
    pluginspage=\"http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/\"
    src=\"enter url here or ip:port no here\"
    name=\"MediaPlayer\"
    width=\"407\"
    height=\"65\"
    autostart=\"0\" animationatstart=\"1\" transparentatstart=\"1\"
    id=\"MediaPlayerFF\" showcontrols=\"1\" showtracker=\"1\"
    showstatusbar=\"1\" videoborder3d=\"0\" videoborderwidth=\"0\"></embed>
    </center>

the one we use just to give you an idea of what it should look like is

<center><embed type="application/x-mplayer2";
    pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/"
    src="http://3832always.internet-radio.org.uk:12314"
    name="MediaPlayer"
    width="407"
    height="65"
    autostart="0" animationatstart="1" transparentatstart="1"
    id="MediaPlayerFF" showcontrols="1" showtracker="1"
    showstatusbar="1" videoborder3d="0" videoborderwidth="0"></embed>
    </center>

that's obviously with our details init, i have changed them slightly for security reasons lol.

As i said adjust the code to fit your shoutcast server then just paste into the header or footer bar of your theme.  Hope this helps some people.

The working version looks like this

Board Image

Edited by kitt52uk : May 7, 2008, 2:32 pm
IP: --   

Shoutcast player
kab012345
Post Group: Super Member

Super Dooper Moderator :) guess who?
I'm going to go ahead and move this to Development as I feel it is best placed there.

-----------------------
Retired Support Staff  :nerd:

Shoutcast player
kitt52uk
no problem, meant to say i don't know if it will work in firefox but it will work in ie and in ie8, it's been tested in ie8 as im updating my sites just now for ie8,  it should work in firefox browsers as well as i also use this code on my homepages on other sites and it works fine in ff on them.  I am also workin on either a php code or an html code that will show if your shoutcast radio is online or not by changing colour from red to green, which would be just above the player for the radio.

I will update once i get it working, which should be any day now

On another point i imagine it would be easy enough to integrate this into the board possible under the shoutbox would look better, but not sure where you would need to edit code to add it in.  Mabey one of the coders could let us know, but remember you can also include this in the board footer if you don't want it in the header, and you can remove the center tags if you don't want it centered.

For future releases it could be a standard add on, it is really as simple as those few lines of code, would only need a bit in control panel like shoutbox to turn it on, turn it visible in skins and two settings one for server ip and one for server port which would then automatically edit the code for the users.  As far as i know if this was done you would be the first board to incorporate such a feature.  As with other boards you need to install an actual mod, would be a first for forum software and a first for aef.

Worth thinking about.

Edited by kitt52uk : May 7, 2008, 10:00 pm

Shoutcast player
Paultiscali
this is just an embredded player and ill be testing out a few scripts shortly like a proper one like ipb have

Shoutcast player
michael123
Hi Kitt,
yeah you are right,
i am agree with you,I think On another point i imagine it would be easy enough to integrate this
into the board possible under the shoutbox would look better, but not
sure where you would need to edit code to add it in.  Mabey one of the
coders could let us know, but remember you can also include this in the
board footer if you don't want it in the header, and you can remove the
center tags if you don't want it centered.Thanks

-----------------------
MichaeL

mcitp
USA

Shoutcast player
cristrixy
Group: Universal Moderator
Post Group: Working Member
re: kitt...
Using a flash player it much faster
Uploading in your root site the files , then putting the code in the header main theme
"<div id="container"><a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">Get the Flash Player</a> to see this player.</div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var s1 = new SWFObject("player.swf","ply","328","20", "9","#FFFFFF");
s1.addParam("allowfullscreen","true");
s1.addParam("allowscriptaccess","always");
s1.addParam("flashvars","file=http://your- radio;stream.nsv&type=mp3&volume=50&autostart=true"); "

-----------------------
:D

Shoutcast player
donjava
Hello guys, I'm a new fans of AEF, but now I've problem with this tuts about how to include the html script on the header part... I have had copied the code, but it leads to 403 Forbiden page which is said;

----
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
----

could anyone help me on this issue. Big thanks for you guys...

Shoutcast player
cristrixy
Group: Universal Moderator
Post Group: Working Member
the shoutcast script you have to put in admin,  control panel -theme settings header or footer your choice-
PHP Code

[b]Ad Code :[/b]

Place the Ad code if you want to see ads after the Naviga tion Tree.(HTML is allowed.) 

-----------------------
:D

Shoutcast player
donjava
Yes, i have put it in admin, but its not working, and my screen said:

----
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at forum.kam.com Port 80
----

can you tell mw whats wrong?

Shoutcast player
SAFAD
Group: Administrator
Post Group: Elite Member
Check File permissions
Make sure to chmod your registry file in the theme folder to 777
Second Error is because of your htaccess, check if its faulty

-----------------------
Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer
My Blog

filename too long
darrygay
I am out of ideas for the first time. 20 years of computing and I always found out how to fix whatever was wrong. I did what I have done a thousand times and saved an online page as xxx.HTM and later tried to delete it. I get the error message "cannot delete file. the filename you specified is invaled or too long. specify another filename". I am using a Windows 98 PC with IE6 SP1. I tried to save it again using xxx.MHT and same result. Now I have TWO of them. It is a very long name but did not know that until the SAVE was done. AT first there was a context menu but after several tries at different ideas, the context menu now does not respond. In DOS I cannot even locate the file on my Desktop and it will not move to another directory. Never been this lost before. HELP!

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
, jlhaslip, Maxunit, BaKu, Positron, kab012345, Kimi, oxlo, xboy721, pinky, dragoneye, kitt52uk, Nel, kyledude92107, Armando_G, daris, ady2009, nof644, Paultiscali, testing12, amrdesigns, CtrL, rokudaime, joni806, Saviour, shiver, jacob, manimal_fr, van_wilder, CJack, Alex, quikman, mDs, HuGoS, aefler, dgb123, Naceira, sateduc, djalex, Haibara, bullett, AKC, aidegratuit, Agung, Buster, Taz, VasiliyRS, lbpd719, aLbdigital, SAFAD, mmsdown, zing, michael123, velias, modjo_jojo, cristrixy, tarsisd2, GamingChitChat, fdude4, CMRadio, hijohnnikon, Knele, scqingla, ahmad, donjava, windzero, Bernardjames, Eiichirooda, jummy70, Digger, telemartnetwork, ericdiaz, Pakos, darrygay, tushar897, antros, puw

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

A2 Hosting