Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Advanced Electron Forums > Development > Topic : Documentation: Favicon.ico

A2 Hosting

News:

Group Message
Hello Guest,

Welcome to the AEF Board. AEF is getting better and better and is also becoming more popular.
Take a few seconds to Register, its free, and it inspires us to work harder and improve on whatever we can improve on.
Give us some feedback, and tell your buddies about AEF!

Thanks,
The AEF Team

Threaded Mode | Print  

Documentation: Favicon.ico (8 Replies, Read 8566 times)
Joshy
Group: Member
Post Group: Super Member

Head of AEF Themers
What is Favicon.ico?

Your Favicon.ico is the little 16x16 pixel image that will appear next to the URL or Tab of the website you are browsing. Not all websites will have Favicon's however AnElectron Forums do contain a Favicon. If you wish to edit this simply create your desired Favicon and make sure it is no bigger than 16x16 pixels and save it as Favicon.ico and simply go to the AEF forum folder and upload it. This should overwrite the default Favicon and Voila, your board is already looking better.

Edited by CruzBishop : September 12, 2012, 9:36 am

-----------------------
Maybe if I just drink half, I'll be half buzzed for half the time, who's the master mind behind that little line.

IP: --   

Documentation: Favicon.ico
bloomer
Post Group: Working Member

Security Guy
thats for this tut, perfect for the noobs! (or beggineres as some people call them)

-----------------------
Board Image

Joshy

Head of AEF Themers
I do not like my tutorials to be classed as even some more advanced users may not be aware of this or may not know the location of the file.

-----------------------
Maybe if I just drink half, I'll be half buzzed for half the time, who's the master mind behind that little line.

kab012345

Super Dooper Moderator :) guess who?
Its actually using 16 X 16 pixels, hehe. :P 
Program you use must also be capable of saving as Icon Format. Alternatively, you can also use HTML-Kit's FREE Online Favicon from Pics program, which will make you some cool favicons that you can download that can be made to do things such as scroll from pngs, jpgs, etc. ;-D

Edited by kab012345 : February 12, 2008, 4:57 pm

-----------------------
Retired Support Staff  :nerd:

Joshy

Head of AEF Themers
Indeed but if you already have the photo simply use a generator to resize it.

-----------------------

HIMALAYA
Post Group: Newbie
How to create favicon 15x15

-----------------------
Board Image

VasiliyRS
Group: Support
Post Group: Working Member
I use this plugin for Photoshop http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/icoformat.en.html

Edited by VasiliyRS : April 8, 2012, 3:47 pm

-----------------------
For quick AEF help join our IRC channel :
http://anelectron.com/board/index.php?tid=6469
Contribute to AEF: https://github.com/AEFGroup/Advanced-Electron-Forum

Board Image

nexgenforum
Post Group: Working Newbie
@himalaya u can create 15*15 image in photoshop save it in jpg format then use a software format factory and convert file to .ico . thats it.  i have done in that way.  Gud luck

-----------------------
DOMAINS HOSTING SSL WEBSITES
All in one place with Affordable prices

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
, pulkit, jlhaslip, kab012345, stvnkch, Antj87, brutus, bloomer, adydogg, Joshy, orange-clip, tommass, pinky, moogie, atsuki, sentox, OzHobo, Ivan, execguy, VasiliyRS, aLbdigital, SAFAD, rgxsingh, ShaunY, cristrixy, CruzBishop, nexgenforum, HIMALAYA, rockcity, Eiichirooda, telemartnetwork, Alstonbirks, JamesStreet, DFE333, celestia

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

A2 Hosting