Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Advanced Electron Forums > Development > Topic : AEF board dying down? or what's happening?

A2 Hosting

News:

Group Message
Hello Guest,

Welcome to the AEF Board. AEF is getting better and better and is also becoming more popular.
Take a few seconds to Register, its free, and it inspires us to work harder and improve on whatever we can improve on.
Give us some feedback, and tell your buddies about AEF!

Thanks,
The AEF Team

Poll
Poll Question : what do you think about this topic?
Excellent topic (4) (44.44%)
Good Topic (1) (11.11%)
Normal (2) (22.22%)
Not good (0) (0%)
Nonsense (2) (22.22%)

Total Votes : 9

Threaded Mode | Print  

AEF board dying down? or what's happening?, lame support perhaps? (20 Replies, Read 19260 times)
christianfermin
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
Wow, I guess this board is really slowly and unfortunately dying down , I submmited a simple question and nobody commented on it for more than two weeks.  however, I finally was able to work it out and get the default avatar on registration. 

:squi:  sadly, even though I love aef.  I think is time to move on, and probably go with SMF board because as bas as it sound, even mkportal is turning it's back on aef, when it announced that it will no longer carry aef, as the portal default board.

:??: poor support: I asked a question more than two weeks ago without a single reply.

Great board, Poor support, = No success.
IP: --   

AEF board dying down? or what's happening?
dpanov
Too bad, really. :squi:
I hope we get a word from the developers that they are hard working on the next AEF release, but I'm not an optimist.

Buster
Group: Support
Post Group: Working Member

Afflatus-Arts.com
hey,
I think the same like you, i think the developers are inactiv and they are not working... look into the developers group they weren't only since a few month's only Aero and he doesn't say a word.

I have send an Email to pulkit and applied as a Supporter but no answer,... and no answer of my PM's .... the only one who is sometimes online are kab and the universal moderator.

On the 1st August I and my Team will start a Design and Coding Community, there we make a Catigory for AEF where you can get support, download a fixed version and you can Report bug's who will be fixed.  I like AEF very much, and I don't want that it will go down...

-----------------------

VasiliyRS
Hey , look what version is installed here )
That means it`s not dead .  :xd:

-----------------------
For quick AEF help join our IRC channel :
http://anelectron.com/board/index.php?tid=6469
Contribute to AEF: https://github.com/AEFGroup/Advanced-Electron-Forum

Board Image

pulkit
Group: Administrator
Post Group: Super Member
We are working on it and 1.0.9 will be out before 15th July!
I know it been slow for a time.
We really are looking to grow the CODERS, SUPPORTERS Base

About the Support Request just email me now about your experience of AEF and I will ASAP make you a supporter and even better a coder if you have PHP knowledge

Edited by pulkit : July 7, 2009, 1:03 pm

-----------------------
Board Image

AEF now featuring in Softaculous - Auto Installer : http://www.softaculous.com
Rate for AEF - http://www.softaculous.com/softwares/forums/AEF

dpanov
Quote From : pulkit July 7, 2009, 12:58 pm
We are working on it and 1.0.9 will be out before 15th July!

Well that's some good news!
It's always better if there is a date set, and I wasn't expecting it to be that soon. :-)

christianfermin
Hello AEF community!

I'm glad to here that AEF 1.0.9 is on it's way! ;-D

However, It doesn't really matter to me how soon it will be realease, what really matter is QUALITY(standard coding, few bugs, relability) and support. A rush release, unreliable, with poor coding standards-leading to security bugs, will only assure a guaranteed failure of AEF board.

What needs and MUST be done for success?

• Aef, needs to release aef 1.0.9 (rc1) and or  (rc2) meaning beta versions before releasing a final release.  This gives AEF a good name because in beta versions users might expect bugs. Beta versions also provide good avenues to quickly and effictively release what you have now without rushing the final release. 
  • Aef MUST create a board for volunteers to put their requests: for Moderators, Theme designers, Developers, admin must approve requests etc.
  • Aef desperately needs theme design. A board MUST MUST be created for volunteers for theme design. AEf must look elegant, even to the most demanding tastes.

Unacceptable issues as of right now with aef-inexcuaseble must be resolved inmmidately.

Poor support in the forum: unacceptable because there is a lot of good members that will be happy and willing to become moderators,global moderators, co-admins, and help this community grow. Create that board now where good members can put in their request to become aef moderators?

In retail they say "The customer is the boss" if you want to be successful in retail, listen to the boss. In AEF who's the boss?

One thing is for certain: We all must listen to the boss!

I LOVE AEF

Buster

Afflatus-Arts.com
hey pulkit,

Nice to hear from you, very good news ;)

I have applied for the job as supporter to your email adress. But no answer, i think it was your gmail adress or the other in your profile, maybe you can look for it ;) I have a little bit knowledge with php, so i think it's better when I am a supporter and not a Developer ;)

€dit:
Maybe you can include my ICQ fix and the Skype Plug in into AEF 1.0.9
http://www.anelectron.com/board/index.php/Some_Bug%27s_i_noticed -t4564.html#p21921

Edited by Buster : July 8, 2009, 11:08 am

-----------------------

pulkit
Group: Administrator
Post Group: Super Member
Buster made you a Support Team Member.
If you have more people to join the Support Team let me know.

-----------------------
Board Image

AEF now featuring in Softaculous - Auto Installer : http://www.softaculous.com
Rate for AEF - http://www.softaculous.com/softwares/forums/AEF

Buster

Afflatus-Arts.com
thanks, i do my best ;)
and i will ask some guys of my team

-----------------------

acidtech
Post Group: Working Newbie

drums.ro admin
big up for christianfermin, good words from him ! we're wainting for the next release of aef !  :kiss:

-----------------------
|| drums.ro || MySpace || drums.ro facebook ||

rpg
Message removed

Edited by rpg : May 31, 2018, 3:01 pm

-----------------------

christianfermin
Great suggestions rpg! but in due time. That's shoudn't be a priority right now!

Using available resources.

I've been using AEF for less than a month now, and I should say that it has great potential.  I know the board has a thank you system, in which users can thank other users who helped them.  I don't see it here in use? but what i do see here is some people (including support staff) polluting the forum with unuseful information.  People just want to increase their number of posts to go higher in rank and pollute the forum with unuseful (garbage)information.  Even a, top posters [MOD] is use on some forums.  Instead of creating a, top thank users [MOD].

I'm glad Buster became a member of the support group. Hey, buster I have a great idea for you.  Why not create the official video support for AEF. In which you do short videos tutorials using youtube, and post them on your official AEF video support forum.

Example video tutorials might be:

-downloading and installing AEF
-creating boards and categories
-installing different mods and themes
etc.

you will be surprise, how many people spent hours just to install AEF. A video showing how to do it will save them a lot of time.

If you need help on how to record a video, or what you need or how to upload it to youtube. PM me, because even though we might be computer wizz, like me who has a computer science degree. We don't know it all.

"Time is more important than money we can always get more money , But we can never get more time"

take time to contribute:    is the price for satisfaction!
take time to work:    is the price for success!

Buster

Afflatus-Arts.com
nice idea christian, when i am at home i can make some video tutorials ;)

Do you know a good software for it?

Edited by Buster : July 9, 2009, 9:34 am

-----------------------

christianfermin
Great!

This is what you will need.

Camtasia studio 6 - (This will record your computer screen ) everything you do on your computer.

Download it, and install it in your computer. then when your ready to record, just press the record button.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9_JdxBdvc

Play around with it and if you need any help PM me. It's really easy.

What's your nationality ? because if you can't speak english too well, you can use caption.

Edited by christianfermin : July 11, 2009, 2:28 am

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
, pulkit, Shadoww, jlhaslip, Cool, Hondo, mafians, lhydra, CJack, nfsalon, rpg, Nesa, Haibara, acidtech, n7yo, nomadikhan, aidegratuit, gv1np1n, Buster, christianfermin, dpanov, VasiliyRS, Mythos, Diamondpc, maritoz, dragonair, Aymenbnr, nightfawx, abdo, Puran, majidnew, boxoutside, SAFAD, raggi5, cristrixy, PaganHideaway, Rants, gamebits, Digger, cyclox_as

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

A2 Hosting